Find complete monographs for more than 900 generic and nearly 3,000 trade drugs—including essential details on 31 NEW drugs—with important nursing considerations for each and every one in the new edition of the Nursing2014 Drug Handbook.
This drug handbook for nurses features consistently formatted entries for ease of use that focus on the practical information that nurses need.
Click here to see a sample monograph. Each monograph consists of:
- generic and trade names,
- pronunciation key,
- pharmacologic class,
- controlled substance schedule (if applicable),
- available forms & indications and dosages,
- administration (with drug incompatibilities for I.V. drugs),
- action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life),
- adverse reactions,
- effects on lab test results,
- nursing considerations, and
- patient teaching.
The Nursing2014 Drug Handbook also provides unapproved, off-label drug uses so you’ll always know why a drug is prescribed.
Robust Web Toolkit included with this handbook with hundreds of tools and resources, including:
- monthly drug updates,
- patient-teaching handouts
- English-to-Spanish medical phrases
- NCLEX-style questions that comply with the new 2013 NCLEX Test Plan
- Apps available for Apple devices (iPad and iPhone) and Android devices.
Note: If this product fails to meet your expectations, it may be returned within 30 days of purchase date. The item must be returned in an unused, resaleable condition.