The new Fourth Edition of this how-to-guide has been comprehensively reviewed and updated to reflect current concerns and practices for consultant pharmacists serving long-term care.
New practitioners and seasoned veterans alike will benefit from guidance the new Fourth Edition of the Consultant Pharmacists Handbook provides regarding the consultant pharmacist’s role assisting client care facilities with new challenges in addition to updated approaches to traditional responsibilities like the medication regimen review.
New and Updated 4th Edition content includes:
• New aspects of Medication Regimen Review, including the use of electronic medical records
• Medicare Part D CMR in LTC and how it compares with the SOM’s MRR New roles for consultant pharmacists
• Consultant pharmacist communication tips
• Vaccine storage
• Medication administration via feeding tube
• Updated CMS guidance to surveyors for medication administration observation
• Drug disposal/pharmaceutical waste ¬guidance
• Updated Quality Measures based on the Minimum Data Set 3.0
• New Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) process
• Recommendations for policies and procedures related to the medication use process in nursing facilities
• And much more